Photo by Martynas Tamulaitis

Based in Juodkrantė, Pamario Gallery is a branch of the Lithuanian National Museum of Art. The gallery is located at the shore of the Curonian Lagoon, in traditional-style wooden houses. Opened as the Museum of Miniatures in 1976, the museum was reorganised into Pamario Gallery in 2019.


Pamario Gallery is housed in three historic buildings. During peak season art exhibitions take place in both the main gallery building and the former fisherman‘s shed; the third house is used for educational activities for families, children and adult visitors.


Since 2011 Pamario gallery has been holding a permanent year-round outdoor exhibition of modern Lithuanian sculpture. Artworks by such renowned sculptors as Robertas Antinis (1898–1981), Leonas Vytautas Strioga (1930–2022), Juozas Kalinauskas (g. 1935), as well as other artists, are exhibited right on the shore of the lagoon.

Modified: 09/02/2024